|H. 14 Rajab 1440||No: 1440 / 06|
|M. Thursday, 21 March 2019|
Regarding the Friday Prayer at Christiansborg Palace Square
Some news media today have indicated, and a statement from the US embassy in Denmark has also stated, that there is the possibility of unrest in connection with the Friday prayer, arranged by Hizb ut Tahrir / Scandinavia tomorrow, Friday, 22 March 2019, at Christiansborg Palace Square. Therefore, we would like to emphasize the following:
- We will perform the Friday prayer at Christiansborg Palace Square to direct our protest against the primarily responsible for the hateful, hostile climate towards Islam and Muslims, which spurs abuses and crimes against Muslims, such as the horrific massacre in Christchurch. The event aims to show a standpoint and deliver a specific message to the attendees as well as to the public, as stated in the invitation.
- As the police and the municipality of Copenhagen have already confirmed, our arrangement is fully legal, duly notified and approved according to the rules.
- The presence of other, small gatherings or attempts at provocation is not something we will give any attention at all. We leave it to the police to provide the general security and ensure that our event can be held peacefully and undisturbed.
- It is well known by both authorities and the public that our events have always been conducted in a proper and well-organized manner. For the past 20 years, we have organized countless public events. These have never developed into turmoil, acts of violence or clashes, even though large crowds of people of attended; whether it has been protest marches, large assemblies, conferences or otherwise.
- We, Hizb ut Tahrir / Scandinavia, intend to continue our proper way, with no regard to any attempts to provoke. We look forward to performing our Islamic duty by supporting our brothers and sisters in New Zealand and their relatives, and by placing the responsibility for the anti-Islamic climate in the right place.
Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir
| Hizb-ut Tahrir: Media office
Address & Website
|E-Mail: [email protected]|