|H. 12 Jumada I 1440||No: 1440 / 02|
|M. Friday, 18 January 2019|
Jordan continues its War against Allah (swt) and His Messenger (saw) by Persecuting its Dawah Carriers
Jordan's State Security Court sentenced Ismail Alwahwah (Abu Anas) this week to one year in prison in another political case targeting the Shabab of Hizb ut Tahrir.
Ismail Alwahwah, an Australian citizen and respected member of the Muslim community in Australia, has been subjected to physical and mental torture since his arrest at Amman Airport six months ago. Incredulously, Abu Anas has been dealt these great injustices through Jordan's kangaroo courts for nothing more than a Facebook post critical of Jordan's regime!
In this regard, Hizb ut Tahrir / Australia says the following:
1. Hizb ut Tahrir is an Islamic political party established in response to Allah's (swt) command to resume the Islamic way of life. Its work has been, from inception, exclusively intellectual and political. In persecuting members of Hizb ut Tahrir, Jordan's regime has again deemed it a crime to desire to live by the Shariah of Allah (swt).
2. The absurd charges levelled against Abu Anas, on the basis of mere Facebook posts (published outside of Jordan), have no basis in either Jordanian law or in the Shariah of Allah (swt). That Abu Anas was still prosecuted demonstrates his was always a political case, not a legal one, part of a broader campaign against Hizb ut Tahrir.
3. Whilst Jordan's regime deserves every criticism it undoubtedly attracts, we must not forget it was the West that historically gave birth to these tyrannical regimes, and it is the West that continues to keep these regimes alive today.
4. We must also not forget the West's record of exporting torture overseas. That the West has been unable to prosecute Hizb ut Tahrir generally, or Abu Anas specifically, makes the exporting of this debased task to Jordan all the more plausible.
5. We remind every sincere Muslim that failing to speak up against this great injustice will be a stain on our book of deeds. Extending the lives of regimes in the Muslim world, for even a second more, is a great crime in eyes of Allah (swt). No amount of maslahah (benefit) or hikmah (wisdom) will drown out the pleas of any of the victims of these regimes, of which Abu Anas is but one.
6. Lastly, the criminal actions of despotic regimes in the Muslim world, or their masters in the West, will never deter the Ummah from its work. The Khilafah (Caliphate) is a promise from Allah (swt), and it will be established by the sincere sons of this Ummah upon the ruins of those who fight its inevitable return.
May Allah (swt) hasten Abu Anas's release and grant him and his family patience and forgiveness.
Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir
| Hizb-ut Tahrir: Media office
Address & Website
Tel: 0438 000 465