Central Media Office
|H. 10 Jumada I 1434||No: 1434 AH/33|
|M. Friday, 22 March 2013|
It has occurred several times that some media outlets in their coverage of the events in Syria specifically, and other countries generally, confuse and mix between the position and method of Hizb ut Tahrir with the work of other Islamic organisations and parties whose curricula of thinking and work differs from that of Hizb ut Tahrir's.
Therefore, we would like to clarify the following:
1. Hizb ut Tahrir is a political party whose ideology is Islam. It works for the re-establishment of the Islamic way of life by following the method of Islam in establishing the Khilafah "Caliphate" state, derived from the work of the Prophet peace be upon him.
2. The Party has identified its approach as an ideological and political struggle, the Party refuses to perform any violence or armed struggle in its work, as a commitment to the method of the Prophet peace be upon him.
3. What the Party seeks to achieve through establishing the Khilafah "Caliphate" state is the commitment to the Legislative rulings that oblige the Muslim Ummah at large to work collectively to destroy the corrupt systems that the West had imposed on the Ummah, then giving bay'ah (pledge of allegiance) to a Khalifah who will govern by the laws of Allah (swt). Therefore, the work to re-establishing the Khilafah "Caliphate" is not limited to Hizb ut Tahrir, but it is an obligation upon the Muslims at large.
4. There are parties, organisations and groups that follow different methods with the aim of establishing the Islamic state or the Khilafah "Caliphate" state. And although we at Hizb ut Tahrir continuously remind the Ummah of its obligation to work for re-establishing the Khilafah "Caliphate", yet we are not connected to any party regardless of what it is, neither do we have any organizational relationship with any party, and the Hizb does not have any other branches, sections or organisations.
5. The members of Hizb ut Tahrir raise the flag of Islam in their activities, both flag types - Rayah (black) and Liwaa' (white), both bearing the Shahada: "La Ilaha Illa Allah Muhammad Rasoolullah", and they do not carry any other slogan or flag. The flag of ‘Oqab is the flag of the Muslims, so if any Muslim, or a group of Muslims or an organization carry this flag, it does not necessarily mean that they are directly or indirectly affiliated with Hizb ut Tahrir.
6. Hizb ut Tahrir has its own media representatives in its own field; it issues leaflets showing the Party's stance on issues and events appended with the Party's signature. Based on this, media outlets should be very careful as they transmit any position and opinion and attribute it to Hizb ut Tahrir, and the communication with the widespread party's media offices is easy, including the Party's Central Media Office in Beirut, therefore media outlets cannot claim that communicating with the Party's media representatives is difficult. We also hope that the public opinion is aware and always investigates for the truth in what is hearsay and what positions are promoted and attributed to Hizb ut Tahrir, whether this was done with good intention or otherwise.
7. Hizb ut Tahrir has explicit and strict positions on adopting the Islamic perception on concepts and on imported and foreign doctrines like secularism, nationalism, democracy and other concepts such as communism, capitalism and "sovereignty belongs to the people not to the Legislator", these are all dangerous concepts which are rejected by Islam in their entirety.
8. The Party does not accept seeking the help of any Kaffir state, nor any system that is an agent to the West, but rather it works for the demolition of these entities that were created by the West and used as a means to separate the unity of the Muslim Ummah.
9. As for the Party's position towards the Islamic organisations, it is based upon communicating with them and advising them for the sake of the work for re-establishing the Khilafah "Caliphate" state as long as these organisations abide by the Islamic Creed and Legislative Rulings in their method. The Party has previously taken several positions in supporting their Muslim brothers in other Islamic organisations against the oppression they faced by the oppressive regimes, despite the intellectual contrast or different opinions adopted on different issues. As for the organisations who went to the extent of interpreting and justifying misguided concepts; we exerted them with sincere advice hoping for them rectitude in words and actions.
Director of The Central Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir
| Hizb-ut Tahrir: Media office
Central Media Office
Address & Website
Al-Mazraa P.O. Box. 14-5010 Beirut- Lebanon
Tel: 00961 1 30 75 94 Mobile: 00961 71 72 40 43
E-Mail: media (at) hizb-ut-tahrir.info