بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
After examining the Law No. 24 of 2004 in dept about national social security system, HTI conclude that
1. The law has changed the government obligation of social security to people obligation and ‘social security' to ‘social insurance'. Whereas, it is clearly different between ‘Social Security' and ‘Social Insurance'. Social Security is part of Government obligations and people rights. While, in Social Insurance people are obligated to pay premium for themselves. That means people must protect themselves. In social security, health service is rights given to people without distinguishing age and illness. While in social insurance, participants are restricted in age, profession and illness. Moreover the aqad in Social insurance is haram according to syara'.
2. The law also positions people rights as commodity of business. The people are exploited to give advantage for insurance companies. It is real prove of neo-liberalism domination in Indonesia.
Responding to this, Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia declares:
1. Refuse the Law No. 24 of 2004 about national social security system.
2. Demand all parties to cancel the Law unless it will burden the economic life of people. So, people are going more suffered.
3. Only Khilafah "Caliphate" can realize welfare for people. Khilafah "Caliphate" will never squeeze his people like capitalist system doing now.
Spokesperson of Hizb ut Tahrir Indonesia
Muhammad Ismail Yusanto
H. 14 Sha'aban 1432
M. : Friday, 15 July 2011