|H. 8 Jumada I 1438||No: 04 / 1438|
|M. Sunday, 05 February 2017|
STATEMENT OF HIZB UT TAHRIR INDONESIA
REFUSING TO CRIMINALIZE AND ABUSE THE ULEMAS
As widely reported, in the case of blasphemy trial in North Jakarta District Court on January 31, 2017, Jakarta Governor Ahok made remarks that were obviously seen as scolding and even threatening KH Ma'ruf Amin who was present as a witness asked to testify by the attorney.
In this regard, Hizb ut Tahrir Indonesia (HTI) states:
1. Strongly condemns the action taken by Ahok regarded as an insult to an Ulema who is highly respected by Muslims in Indonesia. KH. Ma'ruf Amin is the Rai’s Am of PBNU (The Chairman of Nahdlatul Ulama Executive Council), the highest leader in the Muslim association of Nadlatul Ulama, who is also the Chairman of MUI (Indonesian Ulema Council). Thus, the insult to KH. Ma'ruf Amin is like the insult to the Ulemas and the Muslims in general.
2. What was done by Ahok indicated that the person concerned does not possess good intention to respect the Islamic religion. Instead of trying to improve his attitude after desecrating Quran in the Thousand Islands regency, he directly insulted an Ulema who is widely respected and recognized as the leader of the Ummah.
3. Ahok’s claim that he had the data of a telephone conversation between KH. Ma'ruf Amin and the former president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (SBY) must be evidenced. Otherwise, it should be legally proven since it is defamation. But if he can prove it, then it must also be legally questioned as to where the record was acquired. If the record was obtained in person, he clearly violated the provisions on phone tapping. While the BIN (State Intelligence Agency), the institution allegedly was the source of wiretapping, officially refused the link.
4. With all he has done, it is becoming more apparent that it is very inappropriate for Ahok to be appointed as a leader. Even to a leading Ulema, who is also a respected citizen of Jakarta, Ahok did not give any respects, let alone to the common people. What is clear, according to Islamic law, it is forbidden for Muslims to appoint a Kafir leader.
5. Calls upon the Muslims especially in Jakarta to firmly reject the Kafir leader. And for those who still support him, to immediately stop such supports, because as Muslims we should be guided by the Quran that clearly prohibits appointing a Kafir leader. It is inappropriate for Muslims to support a Kafir candidate, let alone if the person was proven to insult the Quran and directly insulted an ulema.
6. In addition, HTI also criticizes criminalizing of Ulemas and Islamic organizations. Criminalizing is an attempt to find faults of others with the purpose to criminalize Ulemas and disband Islamic organizations. The act of criminalizing is clearly wrongdoing. It must be stopped, and must not be continued because the oppression of Ulemas' and Islamic organizations is similar to deterring the dawah of Islam. Clearly, this is an act that violates the rights of people protected by the law. In sharia perspective, any wrongdoings will surely reap the rewards.
Hasbunallah wa ni’mal wakiil, ni’mal maula wa ni’man nashiir
Muhammad Ismail Yusanto
Official Spokesman of Hizb ut Tahrir in Indonesia
| Hizb-ut Tahrir: Media office
Address & Website
Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia Kantor Pusat Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia Crown Palace, Jl. Prof. Soepomo No. 231, Jakarta Selatan 12790 تلفون: (62-21) 83787370 / 83787372 www.hizbut-tahrir.or.id
Fax: (62-21) 8353254