|H. 11 Sha'aban 1438||No: 06 / 1438|
|M. Monday, 08 May 2017|
Statement of Hizb ut Tahrir Indonesia
OBJECTION TO GOVERNMENT’S PLAN FOR DISBANDMENT OF
HIZB UT TAHRIR INDONESIA
In a press conference held on Monday, May 8, 2017, Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister (Menkopolhukam) Wiranto announced the process of disbandment of the organization of Hizb ut Tahrir Indonesia (HTI), on the grounds that HTI is considered not to carry positive roles to take part in the development process to achieve national goals; has strong indication to be contradictory to the objectives, principles and characteristics based on Pancasila and the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia as stipulated in Law Number 17 Year 2013 on mass organizations; has conducted activities that have caused a clash in the community that could threaten the security and public order, and endanger the integrity of the Unitary Republic of Indonesia (NKRI).
In this regard, Hizb ut Tahrir Indonesia states:
1. Strongly objects the plan of disbandment, since the move has no basis at all. Hizb ut Tahrir Indonesia is an association with legal entity (BHP) number of AHU-00002188.8.131.524 dated July 2, 2014. As a legal organization, HTI has the constitutional rights to undertake dawah that is essential for the improvement of this nation and state. Therefore, the rights should be maintained and protected by the government, moreover the activities of HTI have been proven to bring goodness to the people in various regions of this country. Therefore, the disbandment plan which the government intends to take will obviously contradict such constitutional rights, which are guaranteed by existing legislation, and will eliminate the virtuousness. Then in the view of Sharia, the disbandment of HTI means the inhibition of the dawah activities whose consequences are very terrible in the presence of Allah Almighty in the Hereafter.
2. In fact, for more than 20 years, HTI has proven to be able to carry out the dawah activities in an orderly, polite and peaceful manner, which are organized according to the existing procedures. Therefore, the allegations that HTI’s activities have caused a clash that could threaten the security and public order, and endanger the integrity of the Unitary Republic of Indonesia is a false accusation.
3. As a dawah organization, HTI activities are to convey the teachings of Islam. There is nothing conveyed by HTI, either it is related to Aqeedah (Islamic creed), Shakhsiyyah (politics), Shariah (Islamic law), dawah (Islamic propagation), Khilafah "Caliphate" (Caliphate) or others except the teachings of Islam. According to Article 59 of Law no. 17/2013 on Mass Organizations, Islamic teachings are not included in the teachings so-called opposition to Pancasila. Therefore, the allegations that HTI's activities are contradictory to Pancasila is not true, and contrary to the law on Mass Organization itself!
4. Through the activities of dawah carried out intensively throughout the regions in Indonesia, HTI has made important contributions to the development of human resources of this country to allow people to have pious and noble characters, something needed in the midst of various crises experienced by this country such as corruption that stems from the weakness of the integrity of the existing human resources. In addition, HTI is also involved in the efforts to criticize the various liberal legislations that would harm the nation and the state such as the laws on Oil and Gas, Natural Resources, Investment, also National Education and others; anti-drug socialization; and against separatist movements and disintegration. Members of HTI volunteered in assisting the victims of natural disasters in various places, such as the Aceh tsunami (2004), the Jogjakarta earthquake (2006) and others. Therefore, the allegation that HTI has no positive role is incorrect.
5. Based on all the above points, HTI asks the government to stop the plan for disbandment of Hizb ut Tahrir Indonesia. If it continues, the public will increasingly have evidence that the current ruling regime is an anti-Islamic and repressive regime. The proofs are, after previously criminalizing the Ulemas some of whom have been arrested until now, then to create disbandment or obstruction to the dawah activities in a number of places, and now the taking steps to dissolve Islamic organizations. Meanwhile, at the same time, the regime is in full force to protect the slanderer of the Quran, including through the very unfair court hearings clearly seen by the public. Hasbunallah wa ni’mal wakiil, ni’mal maula wa ni’man nasiir
Muhammad Ismail Yusanto
Official Spokesman of Hizb ut Tahrir in Indonesia
Recording of the Press Release
| Hizb-ut Tahrir: Media office
Address & Website
Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia Kantor Pusat Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia Crown Palace, Jl. Prof. Soepomo No. 231, Jakarta Selatan 12790 تلفون: (62-21) 83787370 / 83787372 www.hizbut-tahrir.or.id
Fax: (62-21) 8353254